Droidcon India

Droidcon's first Indian edition

OpenGL in Android

Submitted by Punit Gadenkanahalli (@punitmg) (proposing) on Thursday, 22 September 2011

This is a proposal requesting for someone to speak on this topic. If you’d like to speak, leave a comment.

Section: UI and Design Technical level: Intermediate Session type: Tutorial

Abstract

Improving UI of Android apps using OpenGL

Outline

Introduction to OpenGL. How OpenGL can be used in Android.

Speaker bio

(open)

Links

Comments

• Shree Kumar (@shreekumar) 7 years ago

@Puneet, Bhaskar : what are you guys looking for exactly ? OpenGL provides hardware accelerated rendering. Standard UI stuff can be accelerated without usage of OpenGL.

More details would be useful. Who knows, I could well propose a talk. I have used OpenGL since 1999, am glad to see it still being relevant, and well - I hope many old tricks still apply in the handheld world !

• Bhaskar teja Yerneni (@prudhviy) 7 years ago

@shree It would be interesting giving a talk + interactive demo of apis available in opengl es 2.x. Something like for getting started with opengl apis so that we can easily put forward our animation thoughts into code.

• Shree Kumar (@shreekumar) 7 years ago

@bhaskar : thanks for that input. ES 2.x is somewhat more complicated to explain to beginners (from an OpenGL perspective); I’ll see what I can squeeze in.

• Bhaskar teja Yerneni (@prudhviy) 7 years ago

hopefully opengl es 2.x

• Subrahmanya Somayaji M (@somayajisubs) 7 years ago

Waiting for this… :)

• Shree Kumar (@shreekumar) 7 years ago

@all : I have added a talk proposal. Please add your comments & requests there.

• Punit Gadenkanahalli (@punitmg) Proposer 7 years ago (edited 7 years ago)

@all: I am sorry for not following up the proposal. I have not worked on OpenGL , although I am very interested in learning it, hence the proposal.
    Now that Mr. Shree Kumar has proposed to take up this topic I request everyone who voted +1 to this topic to vote +1 his proposal “OpenGL in Android” ( http://funnel.hasgeek.com/droidcon/88-opengl-in-android ). I will contact the organizers and get this post deleted.

Login with Twitter or Google to leave a comment