arrow_back Exploring the 'ketai' library for faster development of advanced android features
Android application development: a crash course
Submitted by Soham Mondal (@soham) on Wednesday, 24 October 2012
This will be a crash course into the basics of android application development and is aimed to get people started with app development using the android SDK.
This will be a crash course into the basics of android application development. The following topics will be covered:
- What is Android?
- Basic android application building blocks
- How to get started with android application development?
- A simple hello world app and a simple currency converter
- A laptop (duh!) with sufficient electric charge!
- An installed copy of the Android SDK
- Eclipse with the ADT plugin
Soham has been part of the android ecosystem in Bangalore for some time now and he's also a co-organiser of the Bangalore Android User Group. He is fanatic about design and spends 90% of his time aligning views one dp at a time.
He is also the co-founder of Triveous and the co-author of Sky Recorder (search the play store)