arrow_back Hacking through the Android OS code
Apps for your wrists and eyes - ( Demo on Google Glass along with app development on Android Wear)
Submitted by Kashi Vishwanath (@kashi1982) on Wednesday, 1 October 2014
The objective of the session :-
- Introduce wearables
- Show various use cases with respect to wearables.
- Show pioneering work done by Mindtree on wearables such as “google glass” and “android wear watches”
- Provide hands on approach on creating app on Google Glass & Android Wear smartwatches.
My presentation talks of the following:-
- What is wearble technology?
- Wearable economy.
- What are the different wearables available at this point of time?
- How are wearables getting introduced to the mainstream?
- How wearables are used today?
- Power of wearables over other digital channels.
- Opportunity is various areas for introducing wearable technology.
- Possible use cases for wearables.
Apart from the above topics, I would like to show demos on the work
that Mindtree has done on Google glass and Android wear watches.
If time permits, I would like to present how I can develop applications
for Google Glass.
I am Kashi Vishwanath, Technical Architect at Mindtree working in the Mobility domain for the past 11 years.
I have been working on Android for the past 5 years and offlate started to work on wearables such as smartwatches and Google Glass.
I love bringing technology to day to day life as I believe that technology empowers a human to lead a quality life.
Amongst a few apps developed, I would like to highlight that I have developed a Smartwatch app which helps women to communicate about their situations to their dear ones, just by a voice command.
I firmly believe that imparting knowledge helps a person to gain more. I have a passion for teaching and training people and have received great response in this regard. The uniqueness about my teaching/training is that I connect all the missing dots which enables a better learning.
Last, but not the least I enjoy working on and exploring new technologies and open for challenges.