- Consumer - Full talk (45 minutes)
- Technical level
In this talk, I would like to discuss about challenges in developing Indic apps for Android. Along with that, I’ll introduce libindic-android library and Indic Keyboard, both Free and Open Source projects. Also how you can contribute to them.
- Challenges - Rendering engine, Fonts, OS versions, Manufacturer modifications.
- Solving Input Problem - Indic Keyboard, how it works, how you can help/contribute.
- Solving Development Problem - Libindic (previously know as silpa) - How to create apps, how to fix rendering issues, transliteration within your app, how to contribute.
- What Google should improve.
(will add more details later)
Created Indic Keyboard, with 200,000+ downloads it is one of the most popular input method for Indian languages. Currently works at Hashcube as a Game Developer. Contributes to Free Software projects in spare time.