Write an Android Game in C for Free (in 5 minutes)
Submitted by Chinmay V S (@thecodeartist) on Tuesday, 9 August 2016
Crisp talk (15 minutes)
Wanna make a Tool/Game for your Android phone/tablet?
- Java = Meh ?
- NDK = Too complex ?
- No time to “learn Android” ?
Fret not. Turbo-C to the rescue! :D
- [ 5mins ] Setting-up the IDE, compiling
game.c, and playing the game. ALL on the Android device itself.
- [ 5mins ] Automation / Integration with Android-OS.
- [ 5mins ] Caveats Emptor.
- An attention span of atleast 15minutes.
- [Optional] Be born in the 80s/90s for bonus nostalgia!
More than a decade of hacking embedded systems with BASIC, VB, C, Android and the Linux-kernel.
- Nexus One
- Galaxy S2 <– Sensors drivers/HAL.
- Mi 2S
- Shield K1
Currently - System Software Engineering @ NVIDIA.